Thursday, August 30, 2012

Fashion's Night Out and Stella & Dot

Love to shop? Well, I just learned from my mama friend and fashionista, Melanie, that September 6, 2012 is "Fashion's Night Out!" (As Lila would say, "seriously?!") On this night, various boutiques and department stores host special events with lots of goodies and great deals. Apparently Fashion's Night Out is a global initiative that has been going on for a few years now (this is the 4th annual). Why am I just finding this out?!

Okay, I must admit that I am a bit clueless about fashion. I know what I like but don't ask me what's hot this season or what piece goes with what. Um, that's when I call Mel.

My friend since grammar school, Melanie is visual manager for a retail store and a Stella & Dot stylist. In case you haven't heard of it, Stella & Dot is a boutique-style jewelry and accessories line sold through independent stylists. I like it because of the beautiful, versatile jewelry but also because it's a great entrepreneurial opportunity for mamas. In addition to grown up jewelry, they have an adorable collection for little girls. So, Mel asked me to host a mommy and me Stella & Dot party. Fashion I'm not sure about-- parties I know!

Our theme was "Teacups & Trinkets," a mommy and me tea party with yummy treats and lots of super cute accessories to play dress up with. Honestly, isn't it fun to play dress up at any age? That's the cool thing about a Stella & Dot trunk show-- your stylist will literally come with a whole trunk of jewelry for you to try on and enjoy. We had a blast! For hosting, Lila and I earned big discounts on jewelry. Anyone who knows me knows I love a good deal!

Playing dress up.

Yummy snacks.


Girl talk and giggles!

So, how will you spend Fashion's Night Out? 

You could visit the Fashion's Night Out site for a list of shopping events in your area or stay home, relax, and treat yourself and your girlfriends to a fun girls' night in...shopping!

Enjoy! -Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment