When I opened the tub and took out a scoop it instantly reminded me of chocolate cake mix. (Maybe because I'm dieting I have chocolate cake on the brain??) When I mixed it with water it was too thick and sweet for my taste. The baker in me decided it was time to experiment. The result is the recipe below. Chocolate Peanut Butter Muffins that are delicious and nutritious!
- 1 1/2 cups of whole wheat flour
- 3 scoops of chocolate casien or whey
- 4 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup of gound flax seed
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup of plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/2 cup of creamy all natural peanut butter
- Approximately 1 cup of skim milk (add until the cake mix is fully moistened)
- A couple handfuls of mini dark chocolate chips
Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl. Mix wet ingredients in a separate bowl (except the milk). Combine wet ingredients with the dry ingredients. Stir and add milk until the mix is fully moistened. Add chocolate chips. Grease muffin tins with cooking spray and spoon in batter. Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes. Makes about 20 muffins.