Sunday morning, Lila's lemonade stand opened for business. The young entrepreneur was still watching her morning cartoons and finishing her breakfast when her first eager customers (Grandma and John) arrived at 8:45am (15 minutes before the official grand opening.) Lila came running out reciting her sales pitch: "Lemonade! Le-mo-nade!!!"
The first couple dollars came with pure excitement! And so began our small business venture... Here are some things that we learned:
- Having a lemonade stand means you get to sample your own products-- ice cold mint lemonade, giant sugar cookies, and yummy cupcakes. After all, you have to test for quality control.
- Cupcakes with chocolate frosting will melt in the sun.
- Sometimes it gets boring when no one comes by for a while.
- You might get a tummy ache from too much product sampling.
- Some grouchy people will actually walk by and ignore a little kid even when asked nicely "Would you like to try some lemonade?" (How rude!)
- Owning your own business is hard work!! As your business expands, employees (or even partners) may be needed... (But, actually, that could be fun!)