"Ohhhhh! Lila! You can whistle!!" It finally dawned on me.
Whistling was something that Lila would try and try, again and again, and it would only lead to frustration and disappointment. The "give a 'lil whistle" song on Pinocchio would seem to mock her each time she would hear it. Now, look at her. Whistling away.
"Good job, Lila. You're such a big girl."
"I AM a big girl." She agreed and, right then and there, Lila came up with her own "Top 10."
Lila announced the "Top 10 Things I Can Now Do As a Big Girl," holding up each finger as she counted them out. Here they are:
10) "I can whistle."
9) "I can brush my teeth by myself."
8) "I can clean myself in the bath."
7) "I can chew gum."
6) "I can write my full name."
5) "I can play with a yo-yo."
4) "I can play catch."
3) "I can swing up high on the big girl swing at the park."
2) "I can put on my own coat and even zip it up."
1) "I can hold things that could break... as long as I'm careful!"
You go, big girl!
|Lila: a girl of many accomplishments!|