Friday, August 17, 2012

Peanut Butter Sushi

"Lila, how about some peanut butter sushi for lunch?"

"WHAT?!" Lila gave me that look I've seen before-- "My mama's totally lost it."

Yes, peanut butter sushi.

It's not a new idea, so I can't take the credit. I've seen it mentioned on-line a few times before, so I finally decided to give it a try. It certainly raised an eyebrow and piqued Lila's interest. She waited at the kitchen table, quite impatiently, anticipating crab meat, rice, seaweed, and peanut butter!!! To her relief and delight, she received a sweet treat that she thoroughly enjoyed. Instead of the same ol' sandwich, she had fun eating her PB&J with chopsticks.

Here's the recipe...

Ingredients:

  • All natural peanut butter (for an allergen-free substitute, use soy or sun butter) 
  • Unsweetened apple sauce or any fruit jam 
  • Apples
  • Whole wheat wrap 

Instructions:

Spread a thin layer of peanut butter and apple sauce (or jam) on the wrap. Be careful not to use too much or it will leak. Roll the wrap and cut into pieces. Insert a small piece of apple in the middle. Serve and enjoy!



-Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment